21 December, 2013
Fudge for Christmas
I wanted to make a small gift for some of my friends, and when I found this recipe I knew it was exactly what I needed. It was a quick and easy recipe to make, and came from Wendy’s Kitchen Table
- 150ml Baileys
- 50ml milk
- 30gm butter
- 350gm caster sugar
- 300gm white chocolate (I used Chocolate Melts)
- Line a square 20cm cake tin or baking dish with baking paper – I find if you spray with an oil spray first the baking paper sticks to the dish.
- Measure out 125ml of Baileys and pour into the saucepan.
- Add the milk, butter and caster sugar and put the pan over a low heat. Stir occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted (this takes about 10 min).
- Turn up the heat to medium and stir while the mixture gently simmers. You want the bubbles to be calmly breaking the surface for 10 min. Remove pan from the heat and stir in chocolate and the last 25 ml baileys. Keep stirring until chocolate has melted and you have a smooth consistency. If the chocolate is slow to melt, put the pan over a low heat and stir until smooth.
- Transfer to the tin and chill for at least two hours. I had to leave it out to cool before putting in the fridge.
- Cut into small squares, keep chilled.
I made some little pillow boxes for packaging, you can check out my Papercrafts Blog for how I made these.